COVID-19 has exacerbated already perilous conditions for Connecticut’s financially insecure populations. Through its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, the Connecticut Association for Human Services (CAHS) has pivoted from traditional in-person tax preparation to a novel and free IRS-approved end-to-end virtual solution. VITA’s virtual solution offers a means of collecting Earned Income Tax Credits and Economic Impact Payments for severe low-to-moderate income families.
Social and Equity Impact of 4-CT Grant:
● $4,823,242 of Earned Income Tax Credits, tax refunds, Economic Impact Payments and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance received by clients converted by intake specialists, resulting in a project ROI of 4,194%
● 15 intake specialists hired and 1 project manager hired
VITA Referral Program Outcomes:
● $217,590 claimed for clients from the referral program ($44,225 paid) resulting in a 492% ROI
● 376 referrals from 9 NGO partners
● 123 referrals from friends and family
Average client income is $27,927
4-CT is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit.
100% of your contribution will go towards our 4-CT Card Program.
Please make check payable to 4-CT
50 Charles Street
Westport, CT 06880
If you are a Community Organization with innovative ideas about how to aid vulnerable and marginalized communities in an ongoing COVID-19 recovery effort and have questions or ideas for us, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are an individual seeking financial assistance from the 4-CT Card program, please be advised that 4-CT staff do not run these programs and can’t provide direct access. All intakes, applications and aid distribution are conducted solely at the discretion of our partners organizations in the community.
Community action agencies across the state may be equipped to answer specific questions about Emergency Assistance:Connecticut Community Action Agencies – Connecticut Association for Community Action (cafca.org)