COVID-19 has exacerbated already perilous conditions for Connecticut’s financially insecure populations. Through its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, the Connecticut Association for Human Services (CAHS) has pivoted from traditional in-person tax preparation to a novel and free IRS-approved end-to-end virtual solution. VITA’s virtual solution offers a means of collecting Earned Income Tax Credits and Economic Impact Payments for severe low-to-moderate income families.
Social and Equity Impact of 4-CT Grant:
● $4,823,242 of Earned Income Tax Credits, tax refunds, Economic Impact Payments and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance received by clients converted by intake specialists, resulting in a project ROI of 4,194%
● 15 intake specialists hired and 1 project manager hired
VITA Referral Program Outcomes:
● $217,590 claimed for clients from the referral program ($44,225 paid) resulting in a 492% ROI
● 376 referrals from 9 NGO partners
● 123 referrals from friends and family
Average client income is $27,927
4-CT is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit.
100% of your contribution will go towards our 4-CT Card Program.
Please make check payable to 4-CT
50 Charles Street
Westport, CT 06880
If you’d like to contact us you can reach us at email@example.com